When was the last time you had fun? Would you recognize fun if you saw it? Consider these words from that noted philosopher, Spongebob Squarepants:
F is for Friends who do stuff together.
U is for You and me.
N is for Anywhere and anytime at all.
Ol’ Spongebob may not win any spelling bees—he is just a sponge, after all—but when it comes to fun his song shows that he has the right idea. Fun can happen anywhere, anytime, and it’s usually better with friends.
So maybe it’s time to consider inviting your friends to join you for a little fun. Just about anything can be fun if you have the right attitude and you can celebrate anything you want “anywhere and anytime at all.”
You don’t really need a reason, but if you want an excuse, check out our list. It’s Friday the 13th and we have 13 reasons to stop and celebrate. Feel free to add your ideas to the list!
- The weather is nice. Or awful. Or iffy.
- You cleaned house and somebody should see the result
- It’s Thursday
- It’s National _____ Day
- You finished a project
- You’re starting a project
- It’s a friendiversary
- The circus is in town
- It’s time for a mammogram (you might as well go with friends and laugh)
- There’s a recipe you want to try
- It’s Jane Austen’s birthday. Or Stephen King’s. Or anybody you admire, fictional or otherwise.
- It’s a day that ends in “y”